I was actually born on a Wednesday and have pretty much lived up to the rhyme ever since if you listen to certain people (yes mum I mean you).
These days I have an excuse, depression, I'm past the worst of it but it still means that I have days when little things set me off. Today it was a big thing. I'm not going to bore you with all the details but it involves something I thought I'd sorted two weeks ago, a direct debit payment that shouldn't have been taken and a wait of up to 28 days to get my money back by cheque! Believe me once I got past the shock this morning the tears were of anger (learnt a long time ago better tears than punching someone) and it is a good job that the organisation responsible are away in South Wales or I might have turned up on their doorstep.
And it rained which meant that I didn't get out in the garden as I'd planned. All in all not the best of days so far.
But it is Wednesday which means its time to inflict my desk on to my fellow bloggers.
So on my desk today apart from the usual mix of bits left over from whenever, my tote and my altered paint tin desktop bin (for that's what the pink thing is and it needs emptying) we have a canvas. This was another charity shop bargain bought a while back for the grand sum of 50 pence (the label was still on it when I dug it out LOL) my plan is to create something using this and the broken watch of himself's that I featured on here ages ago. The watch is also there lying neatly on top of the canvas (first problem how to attach it?) you can also see a pile of LOs from the weekend waiting to be put away in albums and on the corner there is a library book on Altered Art.So the LOs waiting to be put away got me thinking about another swing I could make, diagonally across the landing into what was once my craft room and is now the spare room. This is where my albums live.
If I have counted correctly here we have 19 12x12 albums, a 8 1/2x11 album and 2 8x8 albums. And this isn't actually it, there are some more smaller albums in this room and a 12x12 in the landrover which I need to get out and update. The rest of the shelf is taken up by various photo albums and the like mostly from my pre-scrapping days (I have a bag full of albums and several boxes of photos to go in them in here too) and there is also my RUB of mini books on there for good measure.The only good thing is that aftertaking the photos and before getting back to the computer to write this I have put all the LOs away in the right albums, I say the right albums but putting them away as shown me where I need to rearrange and reorder and even are I say purchase more albums LOL but that is defintely a job for another day!

15 comments:
fantastic craft room, your shelves are so organised! must sort out mine! hugs Debx
OK, to start with, I have a DD born on a Wednesday and despite what EVERYONE syas and believes, look the poem up - it says WEDNESDAYS CHILD KNOWS NO WOE - why would one day in the poem be a negative when it's a love poem? Am frustrated silly about your DDebit problem, the systems were designed to make it impossible for anyone but us THE CUSTOMER to be wrong. I hate that. Stick it to them girlfriend, even if only in your head!
YOur alsbum count is impressive and they look so lovely and cheerful - it must give you pleasure to see them on that shelf.
Look forward to seeing what you come up with on the canvas....if you're patient, (drying time) I would be tempted to 'embed' the watch in some diamond glaze or glossy accents. Let us know how you get on!
oh such a wonderful creative space! love your desk, so tidy! I know what depression is like hun, you are doing so well to be able to do a post even, sending you hugs, mandyxx
Your ladybird page looks great and the pink bin with the flower on it is lovely.
like the sound of your canvas, is this something your going to do for the WOYWWAC?
Hugs Pam x
Hi Sarah
oh the watch on your canvas lloks interesting, lovely scrapbook pages, have good nite, sue,x
Great room!
So Sorry you have had such a bad day!! Your space looks good and i would just love to have a nosey through those albums!!!
Hope things improve for you, Although not the weather by the look of things!!
keep smiling:)
I am sorry to hear about your check problems. That must be quite frustrating. I overpaid one time and also had to wait 28 WORKING DAYS, which means well over a month since they didn't count weekends or holidays. I hope things work out better next week. But I do enjoy your blog and your lovely pages. I see you even put them away. Revel in the organization.
Hope the rest of your WOYWW was wonderful. Sorry I'm so late getting around this week.
Lots of albums then! :) look forward to seeing the canvas completed :)
Anne x
We're not all bad in South Wales....honest!!!
Gorgeous array of albums and so tidy!
Stick with that canvas, I can't wait to see it finished!!
If you get the strap bars put back in the watch maybe you could stitch it on...Good Luck!!
xx
*big hugs* love your workspace, it looks so organised. Hope the day got better for you xx
Love your paint tin bin, fab, you are soooo organised with your albums, I have one more with 6 spaces in it then I'm going to start a fresh with LO's & actually sort albums for different subjects, I have 7 shiny new albums begging for LO's. I hope you're feeling better today & that things don't seem so bad :)
x
What a bargain ....cant wait to see what you create.
Hope you have some good days and you can feel chilled ....DD needs mild medication for her depression and then she is fine ...it was triggered by her fathers death 10 years ago.
Hiya
ooooh I wish I had as many albums as those! in fact I have none lol
Joey.x
Post a Comment