Wednesday, 5 May 2010

It's a Mess!!

I can honestly hold my head up high and say that this week my desk is a mess. After weeks of sharing a tidy and organised space with my fellow WOYWWers this is what it really looks like when I'm working.
On the desk this week we have that canvas again, painted this time and a couple of bits I've been preparing for it. A pile of unmounted stamps i was playing around with at the weekend, my first attempt at hybrid scrapping and various stuff left over from heaven knows what. And I can't even get on with the canvas today because I have cards to make so it will shortly be pushed back to give me a bit of room to push paper around.

This is my attempt at hybrid scrapping
I printed all the pieces out from a free digi kit and added lace, brads and stickers for a title which is not very visible in the photo. The title is 'winter is over' both because this was one of the first 'spring' photos I took of myself this year and because it applies to a new season in my mental state. I still need to add journalling but apart from that am pleased with it.
Not a great picture I know but I wanted something to represent my current fixation with the garden. Shoots are popping up all over the place but at the moment these tulips are the stars of my garden.

Now I'd like to apologise to anyone who's desk I didn't visit last week and also to those I did visit but didn't comment on, real life ran away with me. And thanks to Julia for pointing me towards a version of that rhyme I had never come across, I always wondered why Wednesday's child got the raw deal and it makes me resent the awful illustration of a bawling child in the nursery rhyme book I recieved as a small girl.

25 comments:

Mandy said...

I can see the desk underneath your stash....when I can see that on mine I call it tidy! I love your tulips, have a wonderful week, hugs mandyxx

Annie said...

Love your tulips.
A x

SallyB said...

This is not bad at all. You seem to have lots of crafting space...
Love your scrapbooking and your tulips!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Not as bad as mine when I'm in full flow. What's hybrid scrapping - lovely LO anyway :)
Anne x

Candace said...

tulips are really pretty

Can x

kelly said...

Desk looks like a good working progress to me! and your Tulips are lovely x

Nine said...

C'est bien rangé, comment fais-tu ? See you next week ;-D

PinksyDoodles said...

I love this time of year in the garden. Your tulips are beautiful.
Clare x

Julia Dunnit said...

Against that green fence, those tulips are just gorgeous. And good for you going hybrid - I'm too scared, spend way too long on this thing already without having to learn something else. I like the picture you used of you - it suits you! Happy Spring state then Sarah - and long may you and i differ in our opinion of untidy!!

Sue said...

Fabby crafting desk, nice n tidy, luv the flowers, sue,x

Helen said...

I always love coming to your blog, always so much going on.

Unknown said...

First attempt huh??? Pretty good one at that me thinks. And messy ... that looks like heaven to me ... a desk mid creativity ... loving it!

Jan Hennings said...

I like the layouts and flowers!

Spyder said...

No no no!! There's not untidy
This is untidy! great space tho. Yes, your tulips are lovely, everything seems a bit later his year
(Lyn)

Twiglet said...

Looks pretty neat to me! Glad you liked my dumfy birds too.

Anonymous said...

Great crafting desk - love the Tulips! S x

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh i like the hybrid scrapping - how cool xx

Foil Play said...

Your desk looks pretty tidy to me! Lovely LO, and your shelving all looks very well organised :-)

jude said...

wow i love your altered tin there on your desk.A messy desk always a busy one!Have a good week
hugs judex

Angela said...

your desk is way tidier than mine, lol!!

Angie said...

Look forward to seeing the LO with your journaling on it.
I spied a bush in your garden that I love ...used to have one in my old garden ...Ribes I think ...the one with the bunches of tiny pink flowers.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Desk looks very productive to me and
the scrapbook page is fab!

XX

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tulips in your garden, I love gardening. Great page layout too. Your desk looks the hype of activity. Great stash. Tracy Evans x x

Jazzy1972 said...

I love seeing a messy desk, it means lots is being created there. Jay xx

Unknown said...

nice to see you crafting again... and lots going on on the desk.

Paula x x x