Lets start with a glimpse into my world for the followers of WOYWW.
There's lots on my desk today. At the back is the 20p board book from last week part way through it's transformation you can't see much because of the angle it is lying at drying but all will be revealed! In front of that is something else that is hanging around drying in this case a set of altered peel off ATCs for a swap on UKS. The cuttlebug is out to cut some more swatches for my distress inks and the rest of my desk is covered in various bits and pieces that have either been used and not put away or are waiting to play their part in my crafty projects.Just in case anyone is interested this is my distress ink colour swatches.
Each of the die cut shapes is punched so it will fit on a bookring and as the ink on one side and the name of the colour on the other. And I even labeled all the inks so I can find which one I want easier when they are stacked up on the shelf.Next we have a couple of cards that I made earlier this week and promised to add here.
The butterfly card was done for SIL's birthday yesterday and involved core-dinations cardstock embossed with the cuttlebug. I then sanded off some of the top layer and gave it a spritz of cosmic shimmer spray before adding a die cut butterfly.
The butterfly card was done for SIL's birthday yesterday and involved core-dinations cardstock embossed with the cuttlebug. I then sanded off some of the top layer and gave it a spritz of cosmic shimmer spray before adding a die cut butterfly.The second card might not look much but it is in fact 3d photo decoupage and is a commission for friends. The mini, pictured easter weekend, has been in the family from new and the cousin who used to own it will soon be 50. I like it and hope they will too.
Finally we have a shot from the garden.
This pot of past their best pansies as sat outside the back door all winter, I was going to move it and do something about it but realised that in the recent sunny weather it has been transformed into something of a haven for ladybirds. There have been dozens of them on this pot and the others nearby and quite honestly there has been something of a ladybird orgy going on! I had to try and capture an image although I'm not sure if these are our native 'good' ladybirds or the 'alien' species that were in the press last year.
Finally we have a shot from the garden.
This pot of past their best pansies as sat outside the back door all winter, I was going to move it and do something about it but realised that in the recent sunny weather it has been transformed into something of a haven for ladybirds. There have been dozens of them on this pot and the others nearby and quite honestly there has been something of a ladybird orgy going on! I had to try and capture an image although I'm not sure if these are our native 'good' ladybirds or the 'alien' species that were in the press last year.
28 comments:
clever thing with the distress inks
Labelling the distress inks is way too organised, lol, you will be giving crafters a bad name, people will start to think we are tidy and organised!
Hmm Sarah, I feel you are falling into the uber organised WOYWWer section! Love that you've got so much going on, busy busy! The ladybirds are gorgeous; if they turn out to be the bad type, what are you going to do??Aaagggh!
Love that last photo - near spat out my Coke at 'ladybird orgy' ;) Good thinking for keeping track of your inks.
Just been reading your last post too - hope the bruises are getting better!
Love the ladybirds :-)
A x
I'm glad you pointed out that the car was decoupaged 'cos Ihad another look and it works very well :) Nice of you to keep the home for the ladybirds ;)
Anne xx
Labelling inks now thats organised, you realise you've started something next week they will be on everyones desk!!!
So glad you have lots of ladybirds - we don't seem to have had any for ages!
following your last post - glad to see that you are able to do some crafting and hope that the bruising is a bit better...
Paula x x x
i like the distress ink thing - very cool!!!! love the ladybirds - we found one the other day and the boys loved it xx
Over organised alert! Those swatches are a good idea-just never get round to those things! Love the photo with the ladybirds soooo sweet, thanks for sharing.
Linbyx
Hope you are on the mend...
Every time I see your desk I get drawn to that lovely pink pot...I must make one.
I made a DI swatch too only because I can never decide which colour to use!!
Your desk looks in the midst of activity it's reat.
Thank you for sharing your tip on the inks I am now going to do the same lol xx
Great idea with the ink. Hope your bruises are not too sore today
Hiya,
love what you have done for the distress ink swatches. Fab garden piccy
Joey.x
Love your Ladybirds so cute! :)
How organised are you labelling and colour swatching your Distress Ink's. But shame about those poor pansies. Enjoyed browsing. Have a good evening. Tracy Evans x x (www.craftaddicts-tracyevans.blogspot.com)
your desk is really interesting, I loved the cards but the ladybirds were a special treat! Thank you for the snoop!
Cardarian
great idea with the inks!
Ladybirds! I have never seen so many in one spot!
thanks for visiting my desk
Cathy, xxx
I hope to see that completed board book. Those ATCs are gorgeous. Such spring like colors. I was totally impressed with your color swatches. I never think to do that. I know it's probably old hat to most, but making sample color swatches hit me like a ton of bricks.
Sorry I'm so late visiting, and on my first ever WOYWW. Unexpected company interrupted my computer time today. Thanks for such an inspiring post.
How organised are you. May have to 'borrow' your idea.
Love the busy desk Sarah, lots going on. The cards are great too, especially like the embossed one. Didn't know there were bad ladybirds? Have they come into the UK from another country or something?
Brenda
Sorry to be late visiting, better late than never. I've had to do some swatches too. Lots going on, thanks for the noseyl
The swatch card is a great idea! Love the ladybirds. Your roses will love them too!
I finally got my inks labeled this last week too. I do like the idea of making some swatches though. Those little cards of color are awfully cute too.
fingers crossed its the uk ladybirds, nice to see them thriving if they are.
interesting WIP on your desk, look ofrward to seeing it finished
lots of fun going around your desk.
Post a Comment