Friday, 16 April 2010

It's Friday Folks

And it looks like a pleasant weekend ahead, there is a cyber crop over on Shimelle's site and I've got my mystery kit for next weekend's UKS cyber crop to play with. And the sun is shining and yes the ladybirds are still doing their thing (will it ever end?)

I thought that I should defend myself against claims made that I am turning into one of WOYWW organised participants, this was my desk earlier today and it doesn't look any better now!
I feel I should explain about my colour swatches and why I have labelled my distress inks. The colour swatches are easy like many of you I feel the need to consider possible colour combinations and I finally got fed up of swiping this ink pad and then that one on bits of scrap paper that then ended up in the bin. This way I have one set, I can take them off the ring and push them around my desk and then file them away again for next time. And it means my already cluttered workspace shouldn't end up with every distress ink I own scattered upon it.

They are labelled because I store them on a shelf like this
Now when I just had a few colours it was no problem to take them all off the shelf to find the ones I wanted now I have more it is nice to know which pile to go for (there are others on my desk in the other photo).
You might have gathered that I like having the things I use most to hand and I am always looking out for bits to supplement my 'storage' collection which currently seems to be heading in an ecclectic direction. On my desk in the above photo are a couple of pieces I've picked up in the last two days, stemmed glass bowls that cost me 50p and 75p from a couple of our local charity shops. I'm not sure what I'm going to store in them yet but I sense a bit of a move around ahead LOL.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe I need to label my Inks too - the one I want always seems to be right at the bottom of the pile.

Claire said...

Oh I so wish I had enough distress inks to label :)
x

Unknown said...

Wish I had that many distress inks.
The glass bowls are lovely.