Because of the exceptional weather we have been experiencing I'd not touched anything on my craft desk until today. We've been out and about and I've been taking lots of photos for future scrapbooking.
However this morning was craft club at
Crafty Bunch and we were working with clear stamps. My set was focused around this pretty candle design

Now I started colouring it in quite quickly and went straight for traditional christmas colours but hadn't even finished the poinsettia before I musing about alternative colour schemes and even plotting one out. I think that I've been influenced by Julie over at
Notes on Paper who is currently experiencing a
purple phase because I really wanted to have a go with purple shades. Needless to say I wanted to start straight away but I made myself finish the traditional card before starting again in my alternate palette.
And here it is

I'm really liking how this as turned out and I think it might be a colourway that I return to. I used promarkers in Plum, Orchid, Blossom and Satin with hints of Holly and Pastel Yellow (I think that's the right yellow and green), silver pearlescent paper and a sentiment and Candi from Craftwork Cards.
2 comments:
Hi Sarah. Thanks for the mention :-) It's often surprising how different the same image appear - jsut by changing the colour. The purple looks very smart doesn't it?
Thanks for playing with purple with me!
Julie :-)
Your cards are lovely! You've done a great job using colour....just beautiful!
Post a Comment