Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Home and Away

A bit later posting today because I had to go and see a vampire this morning but the photo was taken first thing and is how my desk looked at the end of yesterday's crafting session.
I was making christmas cards again having been inspired by craft club yesterday morning. That's why pretty much everything that has been abandoned on my desk is christmas related. You can just see my cuttlebug at the left hand side of the shot, it's getting so much use since I got hooked on Sizzix's framelits (I was using squares yesterday). The card that started it all yesterday morning is on the window sill but because it is so bright outside not really visible - I'll have to share that properly another day.

It actually looks like my desk is going to stay like this today because it is so nice outside. As I mentioned at the start I had to go and see a vampire this morning, I actually had to go to the hospital for blood tests but it is great to make people wonder what I am on about. Still because the hospital isn't that far away, I need the exercise and wanted to avoid the struggle for a parking space I decided to catch the bus there and then walk home. On my walk home I was musing about how it was far to nice a day to stay indoors and decided to take myself out for a couple of hours.

This is where I ended up.
For those who don't know this is the world famous Ironbridge built in 1779 and just a few miles from home.
I had a picnic lunch in the park, took a stroll along the river and a quick look in a couple of shops and have now come home to find somewhere to cool off. Who would hav thought it was September out there?

8 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Your desk will keep, with scenery like that bridge close to home. I say outside is the place to be too.
Have a great Wedsnesday

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oooh you live in a beautiful part of the country. We went for a weekend there about 8 years ago - perfect!

Unknown said...

Not surprised you wanted to spend the rest of the day outside.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi there, I too love to end up at Ironbridge every now and then! Hope your Wednesday is crafty, Jo x

Helen said...

Your desk looks great, but I can see why you'd rather be outside in scenery like that.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Good for you, taking the day off. I have never been to Ironbridge, nor to the Black Country Museum, which is quite close to us. We really must get out to the attractions in our own area. That is a lovely picture of the bridge, I am sure that will end up in a craft project somewhere along the line.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love to walk, feel rubbish if I don't get out everyday. Things seem better if you're trolling along looking at life going on. And if you've got Ironbridge on your doorstep, so much the better! xx

Shoshi said...

Very organised looking desk and room. What a lovely picture of Iron Bridge! You do live in a beautiful part of the country, as do I - glorious south Devon! Happy belated WOYWW.