I can hardly believe that I have made it to 200 posts. I don't suppose in the beginning that I expected to get past 20 but I have and to celebrate I am going to share my biggest effort yet from Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party class.
I started with a selection of 8 papers and 6 pieces of cardstock, I deliberately went for 'old' papers because the whole idea of me doing the class is to try and get some of those papers used.

First step was to cut them into pieces of varying sizes

And then I got scrapping. The plan was to keep going until the paper ran out.
My first layout was a double featuring more of my photos from Bridgemere Garden World. I added a journalling stamp, flowers, tiny brads, ribbon and alpha stickers to my paper pile.

I then moved onto the cat again and a LO with a totally different feel eventhough that cream and brown polka dot paper appears on both. I couldn't resist using a few themed buttons on this one.

Next I decided to combine the green and blue papers (and more of those polka dots!) and wanted an outdoors shot. Himself off roading on the top of the Clee Hills fitted the bill perfectly.

After that I did leave the brown polka dots alone and mixed blues and cream on a brown background. It also allowed me to use up a couple of things that had been hanging around for quite a while, the kawai burger button and the navy blue diamonte trim, I knew the right page would come along one day!

Back to green tones for the next page and by careful arrangement of elements and using the pale green reverse I was able to use both of my dotty papers on this one without any hint of the pink. The title was a late night play on words that appealled to me for some reason.

By this point my original selection of cardstock had run out so I pulled a sheet of grey out to give a new angle to the blue papers. I drybrushed a little paint around the photo to make it stand out a little better and created a embellishment cluster based upon old postage stamps. I just love this photo of a sleepy calf.

Finally I pulled out some card blanks and made up a selection of greetings cards. I only added a couple of diecut sentiments, an ancient rub on and a cupcake peel-off for these.

At this point, about 1am this morning I decided that, although I still had enough paper left for at least another couple of layouts and another bunch of cards, I had quite honestly had more than I could take of the papers and the remaining pieces were relegated to the recycling. I am really pleased I had a go at this though but next time I would definitely pick papers that were all double sided.
2 comments:
I love how you showed the projects that you are working on with your "kit". Great idea! I adore the cottage layout. The photos are awesome! Great job and congrats on over 200 posts. I love reading blogs because I find so much inspiration and it helps keep my mojo going.
Great pages.
Post a Comment