Wednesday, 29 September 2010

On My Desk This Week

There's a layout! It was prompted by the weekly challenge over on UKS and I'm not sure if it is done yet hence no better shot of it.
Aside from the LO the pile of christmas stuff is still there much to my disgust because it means the cards are still a work in progress and there is a variety of other bits, mostly scraps it as to be said littering the back of my desk.

Now for those who have commented on it's position in the background here is a close up of the cushion of badges.
The collection began in its current form with a few badges from places we had been stuck to a denim bag of mine. However the bag rapidly got too heavy and an alternative was required which is where the cushion came in. Some of them are a number of years old and some quite recent but they all say something about my life.
Finally something else that is usually in the background.
This is my ten roomed dolls house, still not internally complete but getting there. Slowly. And it has it's own craft room too.
Happy WOYWW!

18 comments:

Annie said...

What a fab dolls house...every little girl's dream [and big girl's too] :-)
A x

Twiglet said...

I love the idea of a dolls house with a craft room - lol!!

Sue said...

Hi Sarah
oh all them pins, fabby cushion, your dolls house is gorgeous, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Unknown said...

That doll's house is the mother of all doll's houses... I think I want one now ... only so I can have an ickle post box like yours :0)

Maggie's Crafts said...

Wow! The dolls house is marvellous!

Thank you for sharing.

Maggie #110

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

Love the cushion and that wonderful doll's house - can't believe it has its own craft room - what an ideal place to live. You must show us the inside of it some time.
Rebecca #61

Anonymous said...

Love the little pins, we get a fridge magnet from almost every place we visit to remind of us all the good times too.

Hugs
Brenda

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sarah, how AWESOME is that doll house. And its own craft room, too. How clever of you.

I used to collect buttons and pins and wear them on a denim jacket. I know exactly what you mean when you say they got too heavy. And the idea that each pin tells a story and holds loving memories is the most precious of all gifts you could give yourself. Happy WOYWW from #1 this week (I'm shocked, too).

Jeni said...

Wow! What an awesome doll house! ~jeni :) *106*

oneoff said...

I like the idea that every house should have a craftroom. And the cushion for the pins is a great way to hold onto your memories.

Susanne said...

The doll house has a craft room, that's priceless. My mother-in-law would love that!

Zue said...

Like all the badges. Noticed you have some aeroplanes...I love areoplanes too. I used to fly in years gone by as my hobby......such fun!!
Sue xx 15

The Taming of the Glue said...

The dolls house is fantastic...did you build it? Pam (12)

lisa said...

Your badge cushion is great. We have started collecting them too but only really when we go on holiday so the collection is quite small at the mo. I like the idea of putting them on a cushion though.
Your dolls house is amazing. Can't wait to see how you decorate it inside. You'll have hours of fun.
I was just reading your last post about scrapping idea. Scrapbooking is my first love and I'm with Julia. Take photos of your fav places around the house and then journal why they mean something to you, or scrap those gorgeous autumn photos, or the pussy. It's amazing what you end up with if you just take photos of anything and everything and see what you end up with!! Your badge cushion would be great.
Hope this helps.
hugs Lisax

MadeByKarla said...

I had been wondering about that cushion! great idea! I love that your dollhouse has its own craft room too, lol.

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful LO, wonderful workspace and the dollhouse looks fabulous. TFS.

#2

Candace said...

can we have alook inside the house - especially the craft room?

Hugs Candace #86

nerllybird said...

Wow! Love the idea of a craft room int the dolls house! Thanks for sharing this, and the badge cushion which looks intriguing. Helen (16)