Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Something in the air

And I'm not talking about the smells coming from the fields although they are particularly ripe at the moment! Rather I am refering to C********. You may or may not agree but it is far too soon to be talking about that event in December, however it is never too soon to be making the cards and after much thought (a month or so) I have finally started on them. Or at least I have started on one variety as I have various categories of cards required namely general, special, land rover and moke. The example in the middle of my desk today is firmly in the moke category. I knew what I wanted you see but there was no way I was ever going to be able to achieve it in photograph form so I got out my pencil and drew it. It is Clarence, the mini mini moke, and I'll add a better picture here when it is finished (I'm waiting for some more promarkers!)

So here is my desk today, dominated by the card in progress and by the large pile of seasonal stash on the left.
Aside from that we have another coloured image that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with, a new border punch and the usual stuff that inhabits my desk. Oh and the black thing in the bottom right corner is my sketch book, I have an idea for my land rover cards.
Happy crafting or more likely WOYWWing!

15 comments:

Annie said...

It will be a long time til I'm in the mood for making christmas cards :-)
A x

Claire said...

still not started christmas cards here either
C
xx

Sue said...

Hi Sarah
great image for that C........ card, must say i have a few done, first time ever!! only cause of blogland mind!!happy WOYWW, sue,x

Mandy said...

gorgeous card :) cant believe how many of all the woyww's are cracking on with their christmas cards, I HAVE to start this week!

hugs mandyxx

Phree said...

Fab card, love the moke drawing. Happy WOYWW day.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Christmas and Halloween is definitely the theme this week on WOYWW. I have made 1 card so far so really need to get going!!

A.xx

nerllybird said...

Well done, is all I can say - I've been promising myself I'll make a start on my C******** cards for a couple of weeks now, after last year's disaster!

Neet said...

Nice and tidy - but what is that C doing there tempting me?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm STILL not ready for Christmas goodies, but I see it's now a must as the calendar has now turned to September. That is one cute card. What I love about WOYWW is the new things I learn. I had to look up Moke and found it was a British auto. After seeing one on Wikipedia, I liked that car even more. Thanks for a very informative and fun post, Sarah! And have a happy belated WOYWW.

Ciara said...

La la la la la la (I'm not listening to any mention of the C word!)

Thanks for the nosey!

Ciara
xx

Anonymous said...

Lol, it's never too early for C cards... especially as it's only 15 weeks away!! Love the papers and fab image you've drawn.

Hugs
Brenda

Nikki said...

Christmas is always in the air :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Great moke pic Sarah - clever you - it makes a great card. Makes me panic though!

Becky said...

I'm impressed that you are already (shudder) on Christmas cards! Good job!

Spyder said...

sorry, I missed you out last week, but I'm here now!!
Have a great woyww!
((Lyn))