Thursday, 16 September 2010

I Did It! And Other Stuff

So what did I do? I only went and visited every WOYWWer and left a comment and before 3pm on Thursday which has to be good going. Ok so if anyone else adds a link now I will have to go back and visit them. It is the first time for a long time that I have managed to visit more than a handful and i think the last time I visited them all the number of particpants was under 50 this time it was over 150. If you want to know what I'm on about well nip over to Julia's blog and all will become clear.

The workmen are still at it. The radio is still blaring out my least favourite local radio station in the garage below me and I am really wondering just how long it is going to take for them to finish the job. It should be today but after a wasp nest problem and just general slowness on their part I want them gone.
Oh and I have ear ache and a cough which means I am less agreeable than usual.
Anyhow I made the most of the time I spent in the spare room yesterday and sorted out some of my scrapbook albums, they all live in there, I had a few LOs to put away and did some much needed housekeeping moving LOs about so that the themes of the albums work better. While I was at it I photographed my most recent efforts and so here they are.

I like this one more in real life than in the photo. The photo was asking to be scrapped, although the lion was not asking to be photographed, LOL, poor soul wondered what was happening when he was collared by a member of our mini club.

Next we have a photo that I found hanging around when I cleaned my craft room. I've gone very neutral on this one and like the effect.

Then we have the first LO of my mum's kitten Willow looking like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. We of course know better as she is in to everything with typical kitten curiosity.

This one was done at the scrapbooking club at my local craft shop this month. More amazing than the fact I finished a LO during the course of the evening, I usually spend too much time shopping and talking, I actually completed two.

Finally Free is the second of those scrapbooking club LOs and one that I am really pleased to have been able to do. I've filled in the journalling since I took the photo but basically the title refers to the fact that after over three and a half years I am off the meds and my anxiety/depression seems to really be under control instead of controlling me. An event worth recording in my opinion.

13 comments:

Claire said...

great LO's thanks for sharing
C (25)
xx

Unknown said...

Lovely work.

Glen said...

Lovely layouts Sarah. *Ü* So glad you are 'finally free' and I do hope you will be feeling better as each day passes. Love that stencilled effect on your title. TFS. ~Glen~

Anne said...

Finally free is definately an event worth recording - I remember the sense of acomplishment I felt when I came off my meds, even though it was several years ago now. It's a great achievement, and one which no doubt has taken you a lot of work. Well done.

And well done for getting round all the desks! I haven't managed it for a while, but I'm doing my best this week!

Jenny said...

Loving the Lo's. Hope you get rid of the workmen soon xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Your LOs are fab Sarah, I like the use of patterned paper and white space - bloomin brave that is! As for finally free, dear gal you deserve a medal..for breaking through and being in control and for knowing and being able to talk about it and - well you know..if we were neighbours, there'd have been a celebration and some hugging. Sorry, but there would.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Wow, it amazes me you could get to all of those blogs in that amount of time. I must be slacking. In fact a lot! LOL Love your layouts. they are wonderful!

Killiecrankie Farm said...

Hi Sarah - glad you could drop by my blog - came over to say hi and found you too live with a Landy Lover. Ours is only an infant a disco 98 Series 1 - ohh to have a classic :)
Nice to have "met" you !
Your card making and scrappies are great - I especially liked your Ordinance Butterflies.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on visiting all the desks. I knew you had because I followed you around most of the night on Wednesday (my Wednesday, at least).

You look SO happy in that "free" layout, and I know being med free is as good as it gets.

I wanted to tell you how much fun I've had watching you get "well" each week since I've joined WOYWW. It's been a joy and now I read why. I want to honor you with the blog of the day next Wednesday (Sept 22). Thanks also for teaching me so much about Moki and Land Rovers. Your art is always enjoyable and inspirational to me.

Anonymous said...

I am in awe. I'm lucky if I get round to everyone who visits me. But I always love what I see. Thank you so much for stopping by.

HeARTworks said...

I'm soooo impressed you were able to visit every WOYWW! And those LOs are great too! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Angela Toucan said...

lots of lovely layouts

Unknown said...

They look great, love the second one, the neutral one esp.