Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Been Playing

We are having some work done at home at the moment and so as I try to block out the noise from the workmen I have been playing in my craft room. I like using unusual embellishments in my crafting, found items, recycled stuff, that kind of thing, I even toyed with the idea of trying to sell the sort of stuff I like to use (an idea that never went anywhere) but I also find myself not being bothered to make stuff while I am actually crafting so today as I say I have been playing and building up a little stockpile of bits.
Clockwise from the top we have layered flowers made from an old road atlas, layered flowers made from old sheet music, tissue paper flowers (loads of layers of tissue that I stamped all over before cutting out the circles), ribbon flowers and some road atlas butterflies.
I stuck to fairly neutral colours so they will go with pretty much anything all I need to do is use them!

5 comments:

Alix said...

lovely collection of bits ready to go...always a good sight!

Unknown said...

A great excuse to lock yourself in your craft room too!

Julia Dunnit said...

Fab collection - and as you say, as neutrals you can go anywhere with them...I like them all but the road atlas really appeals. The tissue flowers are very sophisticated don't you think.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

lovely assortment :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Sarah. I love the idea of making my own embellies but then feel like I don't have time to make them when I'm in the middle of a page. What a great idea to use old road maps too :) xx