Thursday, 22 July 2010

The Tiara

Well I did it, I made a tiara that I am actually rather pleased with that is more than can be said for the photo of it.

I needed a model and in the absence of a live model and because I really can't get a decent picture of the top of my own head an extra large teddy bear was roped in.
But back to the tiara. I used three kinds of beads in clear, black and red (the dress is red) and made varying sized wire picks, these were added to the tiara band and then further clear beads were wired around the band.

The ball is on the 31st but I have to get everything ready this week because as we are involved in the organisation we are going to be on site before things arrive, only a land rover club could consider holding a ball in the middle of a field! Still I was very good yesterday and cracked on with the things I have to do. My childrens treasure hunt is now well in hand and I've even called my artistic abilities into play to draw a land rover for the colouring competition. I'm still trying to collect as many ideas for ball games as possible (yes I am in charge of the childrens entertainment for the weekend and the theme for the whole event is balls) but I'm getting there.

I also made this yesterday

This is a card I've had ordered by one of my best customers and after a little trouble with the picture I think this as worked out well.

Finally I am going to share a photo with you of the glorious flowers on my yukka.
When I moved in with OH he joked that the only thing he could grow was yukkas and after we moved leaving his behind he bought me this one. It might not be quite as big as the ones we left behind but i think it is amazing, this is the second time it has flowered and it has only been in five years. We also have a grand-yukka in our back garden. It is a grand-yukka because it is the offspring of one in my mom's garden which was in turn an offspring of one of OH's original plants. And at least one of those original plants is still flourishing, I know because I can see it from my craft room window (we only moved across the street).

Thanks for all the comments about my photos of Willow. She is a bit of a mixed moggy rather than a specific breed and her markings are more tiger than tabby but she has certainly brightened my parents life after the lose of their previous cat.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Where to start! The tiara is stunning Sarah - you should be really pleased with yourself...I read about 4" heels somewhere too - only hope the field has board on it!! PLEASE be sure to get a pic of your dressed up and ready...am excited for you!
I thinkthe motorbike card is a great success, but I think the yukka wins over that - how amazing! Tiara beats em both though.

Unknown said...

You have been busy ... it's all looking very good indeed!