Monday, 19 July 2010

A Few Things

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself because I have actually managed to get some of my projects finished.
Firstly the orange and blue background as become a pair of ATCs
Once it was cut to size it kind of lost that African dancer look but I still kept an African element to them by adding the postage stamps.

I have also completed my altered drawers. I say completed because I have actually given up on them. Not in a bad way mind but because I'm just not sure where to take them from here. I was going to add decorative elements to the basic painted and papered drawers but I couldn't decide what would be right so I'm going to use them as they are and see what happens.
Basically I used lots of pink and white paint to create a shabby chic effect. The drawer fronts were covered in paper by Dream Street that I have had for ages.
Lastly for today I want to share my first ever card of this ilk.
Now I am not a fan of this kind of stamp, I don't get the lack of a mouth for one thing, but bought some images to practice colouring. This one was just screaming out to be used on a birthday card for my mom because of it's 50's vibe and she has a bit of a thing for music of that era, what my brother calls 'diner music'. So happy birthday mom!

No comments: