...which means it is time to show the world what is happening on my desk this week.

The answer is painting! I bought this cardboard drawer set from Wilkinsons a while ago for about £1 because it seemed like an ideal altering project. I had no idea how I'd alter it or for what purpose but recent ventures into house tidying made me realise that I need storage for my jewellery and I decided these drawers were going to be it.
Everything else on the desk is probably very similar to last week because after last wednesday most of my crafting was done on the lounge floor.
This is a close up of something that has been hanging around on my desk for a couple of weeks now.

When I get around to doing something with it it is going to be a couple of ATC backgrounds. I wanted something a bit abstract so swirled the broken china distress ink over the background of dried marigold,another coat of dried marigold through some sequin waste and I ended up with this. And yes it does look rather african in inspiration but I'm now stumped as to what to put on top to make my ATCS.
13 comments:
Hi Sarah
thos draws were a bargain!!! looking forward to seeing them finished.
Joey.x
Love those drawers and the colour you're painting them.
A x
Bargain and we all LOVE a bargain!
ooh ooh the dancing africans - put skirts and headdressess on them pleeaassee?
Dx
Great little drawers - who could resist for that little price!
Hi Sarah
great little drawers, look forward to seeing them finished! have good day, sue,x
I love your description of the housework! made me laugh out loud!
Brenda
Those draws will be great for jewellery and what a great bargain. Like the artwork too, those two colours always work beautifully together. Tracy Evans x
It's always nice to buy something at a bargain, then find that it can be something really useful. I hope you'll share the finished piece.
I read your previous post and love the little kitty, but the real reason I wanted to comment was this. Have you considered getting a blog to showcase your cards only? No life comments, no WOYWW, etc., just cards for sale. That might bring some exposure you are looking for.
Hope you're feeling better.
Great bargain there - will love to see it when its finished.
Love that background..if it was me it would be randomly stamped with text before cutting up into ATC sizes and then worked on individually - cetainly look forward to seeing your ideas. Great use for the little drawers - love a ping of inspiration moment!
that backgound looks like a dragon with two heads to me, and honest i havent had a drop of the old spirit wanter, LOl
ohooo yes those draws are going to be very useful, (I know I'm late!!) and what a bargain!! and the paper? I thought as firstthe swirly bit was a dragon,but maybe not!
have good day!!
((Lyn))
Post a Comment