Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Morning!

An early start for me this morning. I woke with earache so when himself went off to work i got up and decided to tackle another part of my craft room tidying namely the basket that normally sits on the floor at the side of my desk.
Obviously as you can see from the photo it is currently on the desk, or at least it was when the photo was taken. Please excuse the fact that my tote and pretty much everything in front of it is bleached out in the pic but that was the sun shining in through the window (a lovely morning here).
Now for a closer look and the basket as been banished back to the floor to be replaced with just some of it's contents.
Originally the basket contained stickers but it has become the spot to just shove anything I don't really have a home for, indeed I have just removed copies of both Tesco and Sainsbury's magazines from amongst the crafty bits. I also found a paint chart. Mind you not just any paint chart but a Farrow & Ball paint chart. I have never used any of their historically sourced paint colours but would love to one day if only so i could turn around and tell someone that the wall they were admiring was painted in "mouse's back", "dead salmon" or "arsenic" all colours on that particular chart.
On to a few questions from last week's WOYWW comments. Yes Julia I do bag my selling cards as I make them otherwise i find them building up to the stage where I don't want to know anymore. For those who admired my tote I have the matching set LOL so I can go to crops in style. And I believe that someone mentioned the mini book that was indeed sitting on my desk last week.
Not a recent make though but one from back in March 2008 (I know because it is dated inside). This is a maze book including a poem I wrote titled day dream one line on each page. It usually lives in the box with my other bits for sale as a sample of sorts.
So if you fancy joining in with our little desk hop click on the WOYWW button in my side bar and it will take you over to our spiritual home on Julia's blog.

22 comments:

Chocolate Fudge Cake said...

Enjoy sorting throught the contents of your basket - i just love it when you finds bits you'd forgotten about!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's always fun to sort through a big container of goodies. You always find something you can use right away. I do hope your earache is already gone. It looks like a lovely day there.

Bee said...

enjoy sorting out and I bet you find loads of lush goodies.

Sue said...

Hi Sarah
oh best of luck sorting that basket out, think we all have a pile like that somewhere, sue,x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

I always have stuff that needs a home. How often do you dig to the bottom of the crate?
Anne xx

cheryl said...

oh lots of great things on your desk,love hugs cheryl xxxx

Kay said...

Ahhh, I have one of those baskets too. It's amazing what hides in there! Hope the ear is better now, earache is horrible!

Annie said...

Hope you have fun sorting out that basket.
A x

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah, I had a basket like that...the number of stickers you pick upis amazing - specialy at Paperchase ..I buy a sheet, use two or three and then 'file' forever. Am ging to try harder with finshing and bagging cards. Can't bear the re-visitng part! Hope your ear clears up quickly. Ow.

donnalouiserodgers said...

love your Landy,

I want to please please come and help tidy - I want to ferkle through your stash - you have my idea of desk heaven going on there...

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Lots and lots of lovely stash in that basket - Happy sorting!!

Hope the earache goes soon!

xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Have fun sorting, it's amazing what you find when you start rummaging.

Helen said...

Hope your got your basket all sorted. Bet you found loads!

Sew This N That said...

ooohhhh thats gonna take time to sort, good luck hun :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Spyder said...

Me too! Love finding bits I'd forgotten about! Have a crafty week!
(lyn)hooo if you do anything with the freebie I'd love to put a piccy in the store!
(Lyn)

peggy gatto said...

I love your goodie basket!!!
thanks for coming by and meeting simon!!

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh have fun sorting out thats a lovely job to do isnt it!

Candace said...

Always fun to look through stash and find things you forgot you had. I usually do that when I brought the same item a second time!

Hugs Can x

Chrissie said...

Your 'daydream' book looks gorgeous, and who knows what little treasures you will find in the basket?

Kathy said...

Super-late WOYWW visit from me!
Your desk looks/looked great this week

Paper and Ribbons said...

I like sorting out, you always find bits and pieces you have forgotten about! Hope the earache has gone :)

Siobhan Brignull said...

that looks like a nice spot to craft, so bright