I have had to improvise a bit because it really needs that iron on stiffening stuff on the back of the fabric before you diecut it to help it hold it's shape. Now I know I had some at one point but what happened to it I have no idea and seeing as it came from our local market that is not open on wednesdays I have had to make do with gluing the fabric to thick paper (old scrapbook album inserts to be precise).
Anyhow that is why the principal focus of my oddly angled desk shot this week is my beloved cuttlebug and Tim Holtz's tattered florals die.
So last week I mentioned something on my desk that caught a lot of your attentions. I am refering to the device to turn a can into a bottle, more rightly called (in the case of mine) a canny capp.
This is what one looks like
Admittedly it isn't perfect and if you knock the can over it will most likely pop off (amazing amounts of pressure can build up in there) and if you are a little sipper there is the possiblity of a little seepage around the edge. But it is handy and I really like them.
Finally I would like to apologise to all the WOYWWers whose blogs I have visited over the past couple of weeks and not commented on, Blogger has been such a pain that I've almost gave up trying to comment. I'm still really grateful to all of you for sharing though.
Finally I would like to apologise to all the WOYWWers whose blogs I have visited over the past couple of weeks and not commented on, Blogger has been such a pain that I've almost gave up trying to comment. I'm still really grateful to all of you for sharing though.

10 comments:
Good idea with the fabric and card..can't wait to see what you come up with. Pleeeease don't make it another die that I need!!! Great review of the Canny Cap - I think exactly the same since I bought our two after your mention last week. Means we can both drink cider of our choice and (me, Pear him, apple) and not have to blitz on a whole can every time - I often don't want a pint!! Perfecto!
I would love to see the fabric flowers you make. I've been saving back some of my girls' outgrown clothes with fabrics I like to use for projects, so I'd love to see yours for ideas! Interesting Canny Cap...sounds handy. Happy WOYWW!
That Canny Cap looks a very good idea. I cannot drink a whole can in the time everyone else seems to so a way to keep it reasonably safe is brilliant. Looking forward to seeing the results with the paper and card.
I just followed the link on your blog to the Landies, and was fascinated to see all the photos of the 60th anniversary at Eastnor. I am sure you must have been in a different world to me that weekend. All your photos seem to be in sunshine. The working week before was glorious, but all I can remember of the event itself is the foul weather, rain, mud, and gales. As the organising club, we lost all our marquees to the wind. My husband and I and another friend were tied up in the caravan all weekend (with the heating on, and lots of cups of hot tea) doing the results, and issuing the paperwork for the marshals. When everyone had gone, the ground was just a mud bath. Not my favourite weekend at Eastnor.
good idea with the bottle and fabric & Card. Thank you for sharing your workspace, Happy WOYWW 105, #22 (please do check out my blog candy for charity)
With blogger when you sign in, untick the box - remember me and you can comment on everyones blog as normal or use a different internet explorer browser.
nifty bit of kit!
Those caps look very useful, and I'm looking forward to seeing your flowers.
great bargains you nabbed today, and your desk looks busy! Hope you dodged the rest of the showers, I was lucky (Ha ha) to be inside at work each time it rained...
Looks like some fun cutting going on! Did that fabric trick work? I should try that!
Oooh nifty.
C
xx
Hi there Sarah love Lili of the valley stamps myself! Some of them are just "must haves" - have three or four, cant quite remember... and must use them some more and I generally mount unmounted stamps straight away except the last lot I run out of Ez mount and still have not done them even thoguh it has arrived must do it soon!! thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW. Shaz in oz.x
Post a Comment