Saturday, 9 January 2010

2010


This was how the year started for me.

Not alas the view from my home but rather the south Shropshire hills where himself and I went for a drive on New Year's Day. It was quite a novelty to see so much snow at the time of course now we have had snow on the ground since Tuesday and for most people the novelty has gone. However if I hear one more person complaining that we have snow and ice I think i'll scream, it's winter for goodness sake. Ok so we've had a fair few mild winters in this part of the world but if we aren't supposed to have cold weather in January when are we supposed to have it? The best are the older people who if it was raining would be saying "in my day we had real winters with snow that lasted for weeks and reached the top of the hedge in the lane" this week they are complaining because we have less than an inch. We are one of the least effected parts of the country but still they moan. Personally I'll take a cold winter especially if it is balanced out by a hot summer.

You might have noticed that I've been missing from the land of the blogger for quite some time now well that's been for a variety of reasons the main one being laziness. Hopefully this year I'll be blogging more often, I've got lots of ideas of things I want to do I just need to get on a do them!

No comments: