First we have my crafting apron.
Now when I bought this it was a compromise; it was the right colour but had the dubious motto "Hot Stuff" embroidered across the top. So it needed altering. A offcut of canvas from making the covers for my 2010 book provided the material and a little work with the paint later I had a name label which I have carefully stitched on by hand. I've added a large button to the pocket simply because I can and it is finished for now. I say for now because I can see me adding to it has I use it.I have also finished something that has been on the pending pile for over a year.
This is the mini album of our break in the New Forest back in 2008, although I am only sharing the tastefully distressed title page. The pictures I've used in it aren't all of the best quality but I had the idea while I was there and bought the book during a holiday craft shopping trip.Now for a new project, made all the more remarkable that it was conceived and created before 9am this morning!
I am a ribbon fiend but I rarely seem to use any so I thought that if I had a small selection on display it might encourage me to use it. I raided the wardrobe for a child size coathanger and let myself loose with the alcohol inks. I've used a variety of small bulldog clips and similar to hang the ribbons and at either end are cords with some clear pegs that I have had unused for ages.
Hopefully it will do the trick and get me using the ribbon but if it doesn't at least it looks pretty.
I am a ribbon fiend but I rarely seem to use any so I thought that if I had a small selection on display it might encourage me to use it. I raided the wardrobe for a child size coathanger and let myself loose with the alcohol inks. I've used a variety of small bulldog clips and similar to hang the ribbons and at either end are cords with some clear pegs that I have had unused for ages.Hopefully it will do the trick and get me using the ribbon but if it doesn't at least it looks pretty.
Finally I am answering a request from Julia and am sharing the cards I have made so far for the charity appeal. Now I'm not the best cardmaker but I'm quite pleased with my efforts so far and will be taking them into my local Cancer Research shop early next week.


Finally as a little whoop of pleasure because I am finishing things I am going to offer a little blog candy. I've got two little prizes of an alterable plain canvas bag, a selection of ribbons and some vintage buttons, including one of the big ones like I used on my apron to give away. Just add a comment to this post before midnight on February 2nd for a chance to win.

5 comments:
Oh you've been busy - feels great huh!! I love the pinny..you will add to it for sure - snot like smears of glue and paint, to say the least! My ribbons are to hand, but not nearly as well organised as that..am watching to see if you find it a great soultion. The cards are great, the cahrity shop people will be really pleased to see you!
The ribbons look great, tis sure to inspire you to use them.
WOW what a busy girl. Love the ribbons, real inspiration to use them seeing them like that. Lovely cards too:)
Busy, busy, busy - that is such a neat idea for hanging your ribbons...very clever...xoxo
Hi Sarah, caught your message on UK Scrappers, I think your cards are lovely, and good on you for dropping them off to charity shop. Love the ribbon hanger! And just luuuurrrrvvve the blog candy so heres hoping!!!
If you get time stop by my blog (new as 5th Jan) http://www.charitycrafter.blogspot.com
Take care x Leigh x
Post a Comment