Now and again a project will come along that I do manage to bring myself to finish, usually about the time that it would otherwise be relegated to the floor, these are the ones where I manage to put aside my initial ideas and make the most of what I've already created.
One of my goals for this year, you notice not a resolution, is too try and finish more of the things that I start. To see the value in what I have created rather than only seeing the disappointment of a unrealised dream. With this in mind I sat down today and finished my Christmas Journal, I never did take all the photos I intended to but I made the most of those I did get and I now have a completed record of christmas 2009. I also did some work on this
As you can see it's a book for this year. Inside I have a page for each month with space for a photo that sums up the month to me. Behind that there are envelopes so that I can add extra pictures, journalling and any little things I want to keep. I made it using a Quirky Kit from last year and added a cover made with canvas from the most recent Quirky Kit. I used some of my hoarded Basic Grey chipboard as a mask for the year and added a little lace and a most gorgeous Prima flower that was from my Secret Santa.My Goal is to post each page here as I complete it through the year. There I've said it! Now I shall have to at least try to do it.
Another piece of crafty news from me. One of my ATCs, submitted for a magazine swap is being featured on their website this month. You can find it here if you are interested.

1 comment:
Fantastic post - found you on UKS but this post really speaks to my heart. We all have stuff that does the migration from mind > desk > floor > cupboard > bin ... glad to see we're not alone :) - AnnieInLondon
Post a Comment