Monday, 2 December 2013

Christmas is coming

And it means it is that time of year when I actually move away from the scrapbook page  and make other things. It also means that I start the build up to the festive season with great plans to share what I make, plans that often get abandoned. With this in mind here is my first project for December 2013.

The more observant amongst you may notice that I've not gone far from the scrapbook page because this canvas based décor item is in fact a 12x12 page from Graphic45's twelve days of Christmas range.

The canvas was painted around the edges with green and gold paint and ribbon added. I then stuck on a full sheet of this wonderful paper and set about cutting a second to give it dimension. 
 Pretty much every detail was cut out by hand and layered up with sticky dots.

The final touches came from a combination of stickles glitter glue and glossy accents neither of which are showing up very good in my photos.

The song the twelve days of Christmas brings back wonderful memories from my childhood and I am so pleased that I can make it a part of my current Christmas.

No comments: