Thursday, 5 December 2013

Joy to All

I want to begin by admitting that I spotted this idea on the internet and had to have a go. Sadly I don't remember where because it was late at night during one of my unable to sleep net wanderings but thanks to whoever inspired me.
 
So here it is my own 'Joy' banner expertly modelled by the doll's house.

It is actually really simple and made on a chipboard base. I took five pieces of chipboard cut to 3.5x5.5 inches and notched the bottoms to form that distinctive banner shape, I measured half way along the bottom and then the same distance upwards to get my centre point.
I covered them in paper left over from Christmas 2012 from the Boofle Christmas range by DOCrafts. I then layered a plain gold circle with scalloped circles cut from the same papers but reversed the colours. I cut the letters with a Cuttlebug Alphabet in the same gold card and added an extra gold circle and a dotty red button on each of the end pieces.
Finally having punched the holes with my crop-a-dile I threaded the pieces onto a length of ribbon.

Obviously it would be easy to change the colours to match your own holiday décor and even to change the wording by increasing the number of pieces to suit.

I've got a few more Christmas themed projects to share and if I have got this right they will appear as if by magic over the next few days and I might even get to sharing some scrapbook pages too.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

MiniOwner said...

Ooh lovely bunting there Sarah!
Sue x