This project started with a kit of Kaisercraft Christmas papers at Craft Club at Crafty Bunch. I didn't really want to make more Christmas cards so recalling that there was a sample in the shop done using this same range of papers to cover a blank decoration that's what I set out to do.
The vintage feel of these papers makes them ideal for these shapes and allowed me to cover up any little errors with a bit of Distress ink!
I started by drawing around the shapes and cutting them out so I had two pieces of paper for each shape. I glued the papers to one side of each decoration and once they were dry trimmed them to size with my craft knife. I then repeated this for the second sides but then sanded around the edges with a file to get a nice close finish. A little brown Distress Ink and I have a lovely set of ornaments to add to my tree.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:
Post a Comment