Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Wednesday 02/11/2011

Time to share my workdesk with the world once more and without further ado here it is
Centre stage this week we have a couple of LOs I was working on at Scrapbooking Group last night. They are based on more of Shimelle's prompts and I'll be sharing them soon (the top one is still a work in progress at the moment)
There are a couple of new additions on my desk this week the main one being my new daylight lamp (the white thing on the right), I've also got the latest edition of Craft Stamper and a set of pennant dies on there, as well as the now usual christmas card materials (the pile is getting smaller though).

It's someone's birthday today, a difficult someone to decide on the right card for, I'm refering of course to father-in-law. However this year I had a flash of inspiration and this is the result.
I have stamped a nostalgic car stamp and a happy birthday sentiment in brown distress ink onto kraft cardstock. I matted and layered this with more kraft cardstock and some of the latest Craftwork Cards release. I added some ricrac and gems and mounted it onto a 8x8 kraft card blank. A very restrained but masculine card.

Finally for today we have a halloween doughnut

Or rather a giant doughnut sponge cake (the phone is there to give an idea of the scale of this cake)





6 comments:

Debbie Rock said...

From the wife of another Land Rover addict to another fellow crafter ... love your worktable! Debbie #77

Helen said...

Great cake!!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That is a scary looking cake, but I bet it tastes delicious. There seems to be a baking theme to the blogs this week. I have picked up several lovely recipes. By the way, BetteK and I both belong to the same Land Rover Club, not far from you.

Susanne said...

Does that phone have a calculator - you'll need one to total up all the calories that must be in that cake!

okienurse said...

great looking Doughnut there!!!! I love the card! Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

Julia Dunnit said...

Do you know that just for a flash of time, I thought you had a mini phone!!! Oh dear. Your desk is always in use Sarah, productively, I really admire that. I also like your zip wire lamp!