Monday, 7 November 2011

More Layouts

I've been meaning to blog these all over the weekend but for one reason and another it never happened mostly because the weather has changed and I am really not enjoying it. Today in particular has been grey, damp and quite frankly awful. And to make things worse cold too. I think I am going to be seeking refuge in my craft room a lot if this carries on.

Back to the LOs. These were on my desk last wednesday waiting for the finishing touches and are both inspired by prompts from Shimelle's pretty paper party class.
Firstly we have a LO from a provided sketch, with an emphasis on edges. I chose not to distress my edges but I did add some detail with a Martha Stewart border punch.
The cardstock is core-dinations, papers and alpha stickers were both American Crafts and the dots were some Daisy Bucket rub-ons that have been in my stash for ages.
The scary thing is that after I scrapped this photo I realised that this rose is in bloom again, in November! I doubt that it will be for much longer now that the frosts are on their way but it surprised the heck out of me.

My second LO began with a prompt to use spots and stripes together.
It inspired me to use these christmas papers. Yes they are christmas papers, honest. I went for a bright and sunny picture and added a Prima felt embelishment, American Craft Thickers, gems and an inked calendar spot. The journalling doesn't really show up in this photo but is written all around the large piece of patterned paper.

Since I did these I've been concentrating on trying to get those christmas cards finished, nearly there I think.



1 comment:

Susanne said...

Those are both lovely. I am discovering lately that I have much, much more Christmas paper than I can ever use. I'll have to try and find a way to use it up like you have.