Monday, 16 May 2011

More Layouts

I know nothing for months and now five LOs at once. Truth be told they aren't exactly new because I scrapped them back in March as my entries for the UKS Scrap Factor Contest. I didn't get into the finals but I did create LOs I am really proud of.

First we have a no photo LO.
This is really simple as far as supplies go but a great way of recording my struggle with insomnia.

Next I focused on a toadstool from last autumn.

This gave me a chance to play about with stamping to create a unique embellishment.

Another of the LOs I had to include as part of my entry had to be about me, a topic I return to time and again anyway.

I choose with this one to divulge 10 random facts about myself. It was a great opportunity to use these lovely American Crafts papers too.

For my second free LO I went with a heritage photo of my mum with her grandparents, a photo I've been meaning to scrap again for a while.

I went with an unusual colour scheme for this guided by the fact that the pattern on the floral paper is very close to the pattern worn by great granny in the picture. The addition of lace and a fabric flower added to the vintage feel I wanted for this page.

Finally I had to include a double layout, something that I don't do very often.

The photos are of this year's spring flowers in my garden and we actually taken when I was messing about with my camera.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

These are really worthy LOs Sarah, no wonder you're proud of them! The insomnia sounds like hell..I have absolutely no experience to offer I'm afraid, but know that I would willingly share my lack of it.

Susanne said...

Nobody told me that scrapping had to be a constant thing - so take a break whenever you need to. These are all great - I especially like the slant on the one about you.