Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Pictures Galore Mini Book Share


 Recently I have been scrapping and yapping a lot with my peeps online and there have been some challenges involved one of which involved a mini book created by Isbaha that some how became this.

Now I shared it with my friends at Crafty Bunch today but have had a request for pictures from one lady who wasn't there so please excuse me if I have gone over the top on the photos in this post.
The book is actually quite a simple construction and requires 3 sheets of 12x12 cardstock to make it at this size. It is also quite dimensional as the photo from the top shows.

Once it is open you can see that there is a bit of folding involved, which means measuring which could have been a recipe for disaster with my record for following instructions, but I am pleased to report that I got it first time.

It has two sets of pages that are attached to the front and back covers.

The pages fold out giving lots of space for adding photos. In my case I used photos of my mom's cat taken during 2013

The middle section of each side makes a pocket and I used the tags to add a little journalling.

This is as close as I could get to a photo of the album with both sides unfolded without getting my better camera out and finding somewhere other than my desk to take photos.

There are a few empty spaces in here because getting photos of Miss Willow has been increasingly difficult, she takes herself off whenever I arrive.


I pulled the tag out a bit on this one.

This is the flat outside. The papers I used were from a 6x6 pad and are by Studio Calico.

I decided when I came to finish it that I would give this to my mom because I know how much she loves having photos of her furbaby and because I wanted to keep the emphasis on the photos I added minimal decoration to the inside. At club I started a second, smaller, version of the same book and that one I think I am going to put more decoration on, at least that is my plan so far.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Isbaha said...

I am so happy to see it finished, it is so beautiful !
Haven't you any problem with the spine's width ?

Lorraine said...

looks great

Susanne said...

What a great project. I especially like the interactivity of the pull-tags - adds a fun element to it.