Sunday, 21 April 2013

More Newness


I know, all those months without blogging and then two posts in as many days. The truth of the matter is that I have got more to share and where better than here.
 
After blogging yesterday I returned to my scrap desk and my new 12x12 pads and created these.
 This one is the last LO for my Scotland 2012 album. The photos are of the highest part of Dumbarton Castle from the lower ramparts and from the car park of a local supermarket. I wish that I had taken a photo of some of the steps we had to climb to get up and down but at the time I looked back at them and felt extremely nauseous. They were steep and narrow and just sort of hung in the air and honestly if I had looked at them before climbing them I would never have done it! The papers on this one are Dear LIzzy 'Lucky Charm' and although I didn't think much of them online in real life I love the colours.

I then turned to my final new pad Amy Tangerine's 'Yes Please' in order to scrap these tickets that have been on my to-scrap pile for over two years. I had some paper and washi to the printed grouping on the right to make the colours fit with the colour scheme I had in mind and then added buttons and twine for a little texture.

I also discovered yesterday that the local TKMaxx had got more scrappy goodies in stock including the 6x6 pads I was originally looking for. So this morning I was there bright and early and got the last two 6x6 pads; Crate Paper's 'Story Teller' and Amy Tangerine's 'Sketchbook'. I also got a couple of packets of AC jewelled brads in black and white. I then got back in the car and drove over to their Shrewsbury store, which they recently moved out of the town centre making it easier for me to get too. Shrewsbury had more in stock including some DCWV stacks and I bought Studio Calico's 'Take Note' collection and Amy Tangerine's 'Ready Set Go' 6x6 pads, two more packs of jewelled brads and the Studio Calico and Dear Lizzy roller date stamps.
Finally I popped into the local garden centre and picked up some of my prefered adhesive. A good haul and I still had change from £30, the only thing that was full price being the adhesive.
This is what I got
Guess that I'll be spending the rest of the day finding homes for all of it.

No comments: