So I've been scrapping a lot lately, all this year so far in fact, I have completed over 50 pages in the past four months. And it has got me thinking about my craft room and how I use it. Now I've posted pictures of my space before but this is what it looks like this afternoon. Or at least what the bit where I work looks like.
The room is rectangular and I have to say that for the most part I love it. I had the counter fitted two years ago and because I like to stand while I scrap it suits me fine. I moved my laptop onto the counter last month when I had to move the computer desk and last week finally got a proper bar stool so I can sit and surf in comfort. Now my plan is to get the pine unit just visible on the right cut down to fit at the other end of the counter and house my TV, proper TV in here is a recent addition and when I scrap my back is to it.
I then plan to do away with the computer desk and the old PC altogether and get some other kind of unit to fit alongside my counter. I'm not sure what but it will need to hold my printer in addition to various scrappy supplies. I was looking at my bookcases at the variety of boxes and containers of supplies and considering which I would like closer to hand and that is what got me thinking about being honest with myself.
You see I like to think that I have found my scrappy style. I love using paper both for layers and for embellishing but the amount of other embellishments I use is limited. I have lots of different things stored away to use one day and that one day, or one layout never seems to get here. If I'm honest I know that the reason why I don't use those things is because they are tucked away and I forget about them or because they really just don't suit my style. So I have decided that I am going to go through a few of the containers and little drawers and get rid of the things I really won't use and set aside some of the other stuff for a use it or lose it challenge.
I also need to be honest and admit that I am never going to use or sell all the cards that are sitting in the cupboard in here and see about donating them to charity. I see a crafty spring clean in my future.

No comments:
Post a Comment