Saturday, 31 March 2012

Three Papers, Three Pages

I had a day of scrapbooking yesterday. It was my treat to myself for my birthday since I am now closer to 40 than 30.
I started with a leftover from last week's craft club in the form of a 3d decoparge design that I wanted to try and get onto a layout. This is what I came up with.

The papers are from My Minds Eye's Good Day Sunshine collection. I picked out three designs from the range when I had a bit of a splurge earlier in the year. I added some Crate Paper stickers that had been in my stash for ages, kraft cardstock and alpha stickers. The photo is of some of the amazing chainsaw sculpture in my local park.

When I had finished this page I decided that I'd do another layout with the same papers.

I went for a darker background for this one and some more alpha stickers. When I had the photos from our trip to the zoo printed I had this one printed larger because I really wanted to do a page with this title, advertising as a lot to answer for!

By this point I only had a little of the papers left and rather than putting them into my scrap box I decided to make a third LO.
I went back to my original alpha stickers for this one and based it on a greenish background. The photo was cut down from 6x4 to loose some of the background (I didn't take it) and to concentrate attention on the cat in the box. More of the Crate Paper stickers and a button finished the page.
So three pages finished from the three papers I started with and only the smallest of scraps left over. All in all a good day's work.

2 comments:

fatmonica said...

Lovely layouts,especially the meerkat!

Susanne said...

It looks like you had a lovely day of scrapbooking - it's good for the soul, for sure.