I added a couple of extra paper pieces to Shimelle's starting point http://www.shimelle.com/paper/1422/scrapbooking-starting-point-you-can-count-on-the-girls/ and then layed punched shapes and stickers to accent it. My final touch was some butterflies cut from another paper in the range (butterflies seem to be a big thing with me at the moment).
Saturday, 24 March 2012
Teenage Dreams
So here is the result of the second starting point in my last post (I'm posting like this to make linking to this image easier) and again it features a photo from my teenage years.
This time it is a photo of me sat on my bed at about the time of my nineteenth birthday. Now I could write reams about what the photo brought to mind in terms of my appearance, my bedroom and even the blue hippo I am posing with (a hippo that I still on all be it relegated to a storage crate in the loft). However for some reason while I was pushing paper and photo around I got a song stuck in my head and it inspired me to go with the title Teenage Dreams and to write about how although my life hasn't really lived up to those dreams I am in many ways more fulfilled than I could have ever imagined. Profound or what? LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sarah these starting points have completely altered your style, how marvellous that they kick start you so well..the paper that doesn't match the photo thing is a biggie for me..and blow me..the LO exactly is perfect for the photo..greats tuff. Am also very envious of your loch side break, how beautiful
Post a Comment