I recently signed up for another online class from the very talented Shimelle Laine over at Two Peas in a Bucket and certain things have given my scrapping a new lease of life one of those is starting points.
The idea of a starting point is that you stick papers onto a page in a certain arrangement and then take the finished page from there. So no planning everything out in advance etc. I was a bit sceptical as to whether it would work for me but it did and I am converted.
This first starting point came from a Glitter Girl class over on Two Peas a few weeks ago.
I diecut shapes from the same papers and added embellishments in line with some of the other lessons I have been learning from Shimelle, repeating elements and colours in different spots around the page for one. This actually took some cunning because I only had two stickers with the green that I wanted to use so by cutting one into two pieces I was still able to get it into three places. And considering I had no idea where this page was going when I began I love how it turned out.
For my second starting point I used the latest one from Shimelle's blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment