Where has the year gone? We are now whether you like it or not into the countdown to christmas. I am pleased to report that in my eternal battle to avoid the last minute stresses of the seasonal period I am almost sorted. In fact by the end of this week if things go to plan I will only have to pick up a few bits for himself (awkward so and so also as his birthday just before so double the buying means I am usually still getting stuff for him right up to christmas eve). I am thinking that this afternoon I will sit down with a favourite film and write the christmas cards, a job I really do not like. But it is white over outside so aside from taking a little walk with my camera I'm not going far, I went into town this morning and believe me that was enough. Actually I am fairly lucky because himself came home one day at the end of summer and informed me that he had bought me a 'new' car. That 'new' car was an old land rover discovery that he had really bought as a possible engine donor, I was not amused at the time but in this recent weather the fact that we decided to keep it on the road for the winter as been a godsend because my own little car would struggle to get out of our street. I am not sure I would want to drive something that big all the time, parking it can be a pig, but at the moment I am thankful for the fact that it is sat at the side of the house should I need it.
After a couple of weeks break I am back to WOYWW, the truth is I really haven't had anything to share and I was feeling guilty because it gets harder and harder each week to comment on a reasonable number of you. I think I have resolved myself to the fact that I am never going to comment on all the blogs I visit (there is only so many times you can thank someone for sharing) and just nip in and out at random.All the same if you have gone to the trouble of visiting me and want to comment thank you.

So on my desk today we have a couple of christmas cards I made at craft club yesterday. The canvas tote bag at the back is full of all the other christmas cards, I've had it hung up on the hat stand and just popped them in as I went along - I will try to get a photo of them all when I empty it later.
This card is intended for himself and is made using the papermania kit.

I had a few problems with it because of the snowflakes on the frame sagging however Sue at
Crafty Bunch suggested I pop some acetate behind the frame and this as worked a treat, no more sagging snowflakes.
The final picture is of some work in progress the other day.

I am attempting to make my own christmas decorations by covering polystyrene stars with gold tissue rescued from an ebay buy (his not mine) they are still a work in progress but hopefully I'll be able to share the finished article soon.
11 comments:
I am starting to dip in and out too, these days, there are so many of us! Love the cards, and good luck with your decorations, very impressive.
look forward to seeing the final christmas decorations
Love the Forever Friends card, great idea with the recycling. Carolxx....67
Lovely cards Sarah, glad you've got the use of the Disco at least, might not be great for every day but those things really have their uses!
Hugs
Brenda 90
Cards look good. I'm stealing a few minutes away from decorating to snack and blog hop - I'll have to hop back and see how the stars turned out.
thanks for sharing your lovely cards with us today - loving the forever friends bears - love and ((HUGS)) Liz
Hi ya
nice to see you back, i am nearly finished with Christmas just gota write the cards! UGH. Gorgeous card,happy WOYWW, sue,x(23)
Wow gorgeous creations love th eforever friends cards.Hope your wednesday was agood one
hugs judex#5
Lovely Christmas decorations. The cards are great too. I am in the midst of writing my cards...or hoping to.
Happy WOYWW.
Some really lovely creations on show today. Good luck with the stars.
A x
It just nice to see what everyones up sometimes - love your cards
Post a Comment