I am also annoyed. I missed the delivery of a parcel on monday morning and so rearranged it with the courier company for yesterday. It turned up at 3.40pm with me having hung around all day getting gradually more and more annoyed that I couldn't get out and do any of the million and one things that need doing ideally before everyone else is gripped by complete christmas mania. I might have mentioned before that I don't do crowds and christmas crowds are the worst, I mean what happened to the idea of peace on earth and love for one's fellow man?
I am also annoyed by the weather well not so much by the weather as by the way that everything is being blamed on the weather. It is December for heavens sake, we are now in what the met office classifies as winter, and in my part of the world we are not under inches and inches of snow but still everything has ground to a halt. And if I hear one more person mention global warming or the lack of it I will scream!
So to my desk. Finally. Or at least to something that is currently sitting on my desk long with just about everything else in my scraproom (or so it seems). I really need to dig the desk out before there is an avalanche, but seeing as most of what is visible is incredibly boring I have decided to just share this with you.
The kit was great but it was incredibly themed, pretty much every piece of paper had snowflakes on somewhere, and there was no plain cardstock which made things difficult. I did have to add a couple of things from the allowable extras list, black and white cardstock and white paint, and I used a piece of the box it came in stripped back to the corrogated stuff and mica misted. I could only find a couple of suitable photos when I started work on this, before the recent snow, and it was either a photo of me in the snow aged about four or the one I choose to use of a snowman I built back in february 2009. I think that the title is under the circumstances very apt.

6 comments:
You made it, regardless of the day!
Hi Sarah,
It was probably still Wednesday somewhere in the world or am I clutching at straws? My hubby loves your landrover! He has a series 1 discovery that he takes bush-bashing with our two kids. I get to stay home and craft on those days (travel sickness!).
Susan xxox #13
Thanks for the peek and sharing. I've been stuck in a time warp too, before I knew it a whole week seemed to vanish...lol
Hugs, Marjo #45
I like your take on the weather and how people are reacting to it. I'm glad you finally got your package, because I know what it's like to wait and wait on something you thought would be there hours earlier. Friends can be like that, too!
I think your scrapbook page is pretty special, and just perfect for this weather. Happy belated WOYWW from #4.
It does seem a little difficult to understand why it seems that our winters are becoming colder with all the talk of global warming, but with the polar ice melting and cooling down the Gulf Stream which normally keeps us fairly warm, I guess there's our answer!
I hate waiting around for packages too, glad you got it in the end!
Chrissie #7
I know we are in winter, Sarah, and should expect snow etc, but when the brand new central heating boiler packs up twice on the coldest day, and the Disco will not start just when we really need it most, because the brand new battery is flat again ...... My sense of humour was definitely missing yesterday. Hopefully, things will be better tomorrow, and we can perhaps get out and do some food shopping for essentials.
Post a Comment