
I have actually gone and had a go at one of the ideas I mentioned the other day. This is my fairy window. It looks as if the fairy has had a busy afternoon baking judging by the plate of cakes sitting on the window ledge. She has also left her book; The Magic Faraway Tree as it happens. But will obviously be back soon because her wand is there too.
I started with a cheap photo frame (£1 for 2!) and cut a window frame from black card to go over the photo. I distressed the frame and added the window ledge items; the book and the cakes are handmade but not by me and came from my dolls house. The wand I made myself from a few beads and jewellery findings.
The photo doesn't do it justice but I was trying to avoid reflections of the flash as it is a dull day here. I'm pleased with it and think I might be going back to get some more photo frames.

No comments:
Post a Comment