Sunday, 27 July 2008

Enjoying the heat

It finally seems like summer has arrived here and I am, kind of, enjoying the weather. It's defintely great to have the sun shining and I am surviving the heat by mixing time outside with time indoors in front of the fan LOL I'm not the greatest fan of high temperatures but i am not complaining because we get little enough good weather in this country.

My current craft project has got to stay under wraps for a while because it is a fancy dress costume for next saturday night. I am making it myself and sat outside for a time yesterday afternoon sewing - yes it is all being sewn by hand! It is actually coming together quite well which is amazing for me because the reality usually doesn't live up to my big ideas.

I was trying to get into the christmas spirit this morning. I sent some ATCs on a transport theme in for the craft stamper magazine swap a while back and have recently got back my swaps. It has inspired me to give it another go and the theme in the latest issue is christmas. It is so weird trying to think christmassy thoughts while the sun is shining outside but I think I am getting there and my vintage christmas ATCs are coming together nicely.

No comments: