Monday, 22 June 2009

71 Flowers!

Remeber the clematis I mentioned a while back?
Well it has finally finished flowering and today I finished deadheading it and can report that it produced a total of 71 flowers. How cool is that. Sadly now instead of being a mass of pink that bit of the garden is back to being green but the purple clematis on the other side of the garden is just starting to come into flower and I reckon has even more buds.

You know how sometimes things make you stop and think, little things that normally wouldn't get a second glance. I had one of those moments this afternoon when I suddenly decided to wonder why I have so many white tops. I rarely wear white because i am a dirt magnet; I craft, I garden, I hang about in old land rovers, you get the picture? I might stick a white vest under something else once in a while but I don't go out in a nice crisp bright white top. But still I own a pile of them, basic white tees, the sort that come in multi-packs from mail order catalogues, and every time I clear out my wardrobe I look at them all bright and unworn and back they go until the next time I am in the mood to chuck stuff out. Perhaps next time I need to be more ruthless.

Nothing crafty to share with you today because i have been making ATCs all weekend and since they are for swaps it wouldn't be right to share them before the people they are for have seen them.

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Beautiful shot of the clematis, just gorgeous. You can't fail to be cheered by things like that!
White tops? No. Spectaccularly uncomfortable bras are my speciality!!