Last week's highlight was a photo shoot. Thankfully I was not the main subject, that honour went to my wonderful Land Rover LOL, it was a shoot for a Land Rover magazine though. It was a great experience if only to be able to watch a professional photographer working close up. And I can now honestly say that I am well practised in the art of driving a vehicle with the turning circle of a super tanker around in circles! No idea when the article will be published but you can be sure that it will get a mention here.
This week's hecticness (if that is indeed a word) is on the domestic front. Pretty much the entire house is upside down because we are having the lounge and dining room decorated, a little man is busily painting away as I type this and he should be finished today. Should? He'd better be finished today! we've got some new furniture being delivered on friday and loads that needs doing before then.
Anyway the upshot of that is that I have been relegated to my craft room and I have been trying to make the most of it which means that I am finally catching up with the things i have been meaning to do for a while like sharing some of my crafty stuff with you.
Over on UKS there are loads of challenges going on and I am planning to do the Scrap Like You Mean It challenges throughout 2009. Which if I manage it should mean I complete at least 52 LOs this year. I am currently up-to-date so here are my first 3 LOs.
Week One - Challenge to scrap with a favourite colour.
It had to be done, I had to scrap in pink and more to the point I scrapped a LO involving me in pink. The photo is a self-portrait taken some time in 2008 and the cupcakes seemed perfect for a LO proclaiming how I feel about life at the moment.Week 2 -Challenge to use either hearts or stars.
I'm not about to insult anyone's intelligence by saying I used hearts, but I did LOL cut with my favourite new toy my cuttlebug. The full title which probably isn't clear on the pic is 'why you're so pretty miss kitty' because she is! This is Tabby my Nan's fairly new cat and I expect this won't be the last time she shows up on my LOs.Week 3 - Challenge to use chipboard.
This one stumped me a bit because while I use chipboard letters I don't often use it in any other form. So I went searching through the stash mountain and found a snowflake. I planned to scrap this photo already and so slowly a plan came together. To give a little more depth to the chipboard I stamped over it randomly with a small snowflake stamp and am really pleased with the effect. The rose bush came into flower for christmas and when I saw it in the snow earlier this month I just had to reach for my camera.
This one stumped me a bit because while I use chipboard letters I don't often use it in any other form. So I went searching through the stash mountain and found a snowflake. I planned to scrap this photo already and so slowly a plan came together. To give a little more depth to the chipboard I stamped over it randomly with a small snowflake stamp and am really pleased with the effect. The rose bush came into flower for christmas and when I saw it in the snow earlier this month I just had to reach for my camera.
2 comments:
Sarah I love these LOs, good luck in keeping up with Shimelles challenges!
Chat real soon
Jx
your scrap pages are excellent Sarah. the one of the cat is so sweet and the pink page is so pretty
Sarah x
Post a Comment