Wednesday, 24 August 2011

More Layouts

So I intend to post these a bit sooner but real life caught up with me. Real life and my sinuses. You see we live right on the edge of town with only a main road between us and open farm land and on monday the farmer decided to spray something very pungent on the fields. Honestly there are no words to describe the smell but it was one of those that are so bad that you can taste it, and even with all the windows shut it was still getting inside. To make matters worse it was a hot day so we had fans going in the house to try and stop us from melting, which of course moved dust and heaven only knows what around and set my blinking sinuses off again. Thankfully I was on the ball and started taking the meds straight away but today it has still made me sick - not nice.

Anyway enough about that and on to the Layouts.
These pics were taken last year after a trip to collect greenery to decorate a marque for our land rover club's summer ball. When they drove back towards us you couldn't tell that there was even a driver, the driver declined to be in the photo btw (thanks honey!)

And this was what himself did to another of our vehicles the following day.

It was relatively dry on the off road site but he still managed to find some muddy water to drive through. Once again he declined to let me take a photo of him, you can imagine the state he was in and that muck stank.

Now for a layout where I managed to catch him.

As you might have guessed himself does not like having his photo taken so I have to snap him when I can and I couldn't resist this one.

The paint under the title and on the journalling spot was inspired by the drips on the polish bottle, and the marks on the garage floor where he spilled some, and you get more of a streaky effect in real life.

Finally we have another photo of him taken at a local mini show by a club photographer and until we found it on the internet he had no idea it had been taken.

The film strip background is I will confess a result of covering up a blunder. While inking the stamp to make my journalling spot I dropped the ink pad which bounced across the worktop and off my LO leaving black marks. I was gutted because aside from the journalling it was complete then knowing I had nothing to lose I decided to try stamping the film strip randomly around the background and I have to say I like the effect and think that if I said nothing no one would ever be any the wiser.


There's no WOYWW pic todaybecause my camera battery is on charge, but there's not really anything to show on there anyway for the reasons mentioned at the top of this post. Maybe next week!

7 comments:

ally fiddy said...

Love the film strip effect too, its a great way to hide any glitches. Great job.

donnalouiserodgers said...

i did look at the desk, but paid close attention to the sinuses,

I will not get the problem as bad as you, but saline washes do help me, and stop the sickness, this is if you can stand snorting saline and spitting it out your mouth, ]


er yuck,

but it does work, and when the pain and gunk is real bad it is oddly very soothing.

dx

fairy thoughts said...

great layouts but do you only take pictures of cars? I see where you get your blog name from. My mot her in law has an old mini clubman my youngest daughter is a big fan too
thanks for sharing
janet

fairy thoughts said...

great layouts but do you only take pictures of cars? I see where you get your blog name from. My mot her in law has an old mini clubman my youngest daughter is a big fan too
thanks for sharing
janet

Helen said...

Ooh, the perils of living close to farmland! Love your layouts, they are fab.

Angie said...

You have some great LO's there ...they really tell a story ...great times to remember.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO late this week, but I know that smell. It may not be the same as your smell, but I have had that same experience. It's definitely something you can taste.

I really like how you handle your layouts. They are all so clever and well done. I especially like how you handled the journaling on "Caught on Camera" and the entire "Sitting Down on the Job." Both are excellent.