Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Dipping My Toe into the Crafty Waters

So it is wednesday and after a month away for reasons I touched uponin my last post I'm feeling up to venturing into the crafty realms of WOYWW once more. I'm not feeling totally as I should though so this week am opting out of sharing my quite frankly awful desk, it is still there somewhere under all of the tissues and illness related stuff and will hopefully have emerged once more by next week.
Anyway instead I am sharing a couple of things I have managed to create recently.
This LO is of my paternal grandparents, Barbara and Sydney, on their wedding day back in september 1947, they had 62 years together before my grandfather died. Creating this LO after the recent death of my grandmother I realised something that amazed me. You see when my maternal grandfather died I found solace in scrapbooking about him but although I wanted to do something similar about Sydney nothing ever felt right because as I've realised to me these grandparents were very much a pair. They just belonged together and together is how they will go into my albums.

The other thing I want to share today is card that due to my ill health unfortunately got put off literally until the last minute.
It was for the in-laws 45th wedding anniversary and knowing that I wanted to use blue (45 years is sapphire) I reached for the stunning botanical collection from craftwork cards. As soon as I saw the combination of cornflower blue, lime green and white I just had to have these papers and they certainly allowed me to make a card that I was really pleased with and that was well received.

12 comments:

Neil said...

A pretty layout. beautiful colours that work well with the B&W photo. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better by next week.

Sue said...

Hi ya
hope you soon feel much better,a beautiful layout, & gorgeous card, take it easy,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(18)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back Sarah, hope you're feeling 100% very soon. Great LO and card, love all those old photographs.

Hugs
Brenda 103

Caroline Hallett said...

lovely layout - hope you feel better soon x

Susanne said...

Glad you are feeling well enough to create - great idea using sapphire blue for the card - that would never have occurred to me.

Pam said...

Beautiful layout. Hope you feel better soon. Take Care Hugs Pam x

SDCrafts said...

The wedding photo is so similar to my parents' (1953) but I'm sure many from that era would say the same ... and grief takes many forms at many different times for each individual ... so wrap yourself up and treat yourself kindly - no apologies allowed! ...Shirl #106

DanielleP said...

So sorry for your recent losses and glad you are on the mend from your ilness! Great card and lo. Maybe next week you'll feel up to showing off your desk!
DanielleP

Annie said...

Fab cards.
If you haven't been yet please pop over to our blog shop, leave us a comment and be in with the chance to win a crafter's apron.

http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

Good luck.
A x

Nicky said...

Love your layout of your grandparents glad you are scrapping them together - great card you made for your in laws - bet they where chuffed to bits with it ~ thanks for sharing ~ Nicky no.4 ~ running late this week lol

okienurse said...

Very nice layout for your grandparents picture. Get to feeling better! Thanks for sharing. Sorry I am so late getting by this week but life happens. Vickie #148