Monday, 12 October 2009

Two Weddings and a Funeral

I have been in something of a vintage mood of late and my scrapping has reflected this accounting for the two weddings of the title. The funeral is later this week. Sadly my remaining grandfather passed away recently after a period of ill health and yet again I consider myself grateful for having reached my thirties with all of my grandparents living.

The other day I wanted to scrap but I wanted to scrap a vintage LO. I considered various photos but in the end went back to one that I have scrapped a few times before that of my maternal grandparents on their wedding day.
I went unashamedly vintage with this one with vintage sheet music and lace and blossoms and papers in gorgeous soft colours. There is even a little symbolism in there; three heart shaped crystals on the rub on (hardly visible on the sheet music) represent their children whilst the five crystals in the centre of the flowers are for their grandchildren.

The second LO is of a photo I had never seen until earlier today, however the moment I did see it I knew it would have to be scrapped. I didn't think it would be the first thing I did when I got home though. This is my paternal grandparents on their wedding day 62 years ago at the same church where later this week their family will gather for grandad's funeral.
I've gone for quite an elegant style to reflect the bride's elegant gown and used blue because it is a colour that I associate with my grandmother.
So two weddings less than a year apart and two LOs inspired by the brides. Although things could have been very different because before my paternal grandparents met my grandfather was 'courting' my maternal grandmother. How different things could have been.

No comments: