Saturday, 3 October 2009

2 Years On

So two years ago as of yesterday I finally passed my driving test after umpteen lessons, two instructors and more attempts than I care to remember! I thought that since I never got around to scrapping the pass I would record the end of my probationary driving period so I washed my car (I don't usually) and took a photo of it.

The actual LO came about because I asked for inspiration for using unusual embellies over on UKS. My use of washers for jewellery making came up and I was struck with an idea to use them on a LO, this LO. I didn't end up using them how I originally planned but I quite like the effect of using one as a flower centre.

So this is the final product a lovely blend of Basic Grey papers and an eclectic mix of embellies. But this is not quite how it was when I first finished it. You know when you look at something and you just know it's not right? well I had one of those moments over this LO and after staring at it for a time I pushed it aside and went out. Returning after a couple of hours I added the lace to echo the paper, stamped the swirl and decorated it with pearls but there was still something not right. Finally by adding another blossom and a sparkly brad to the centre of the washer I was left with something much more satisfying.

No comments: