Monday, 20 April 2009

Growing My Own

I've always loved the idea of home grown produce, probably because growing up both my grandfathers gardens contained edible treats. However while the idea appeals the work not so much so lol. Since we moved into this house I have had what we laughingly call my vegetable patch but pretty much all that it has produced has been a crop of blackcurrants. Today though i have been out sowing seeds; spring onions, radish and beetroot. I have also bought onions and sweetcorn from the garden centre and have tomato plants ready to go into my hanging baskets when the risk of frosty nights passes. I have plans for more edibles to be grown in pots and really can not wait for the first shoots to come through. My mouth is already watering at the thought of treats to come, I may even have to raid the freezer for the last of last year's blackcurrants just to keep me going.

I think my garden is going to offer me lots of crafty inspiration this year but at the moment I am mulling over some ATCs that I really need to get made. Problem is that I have too many ideas, perhaps I should just go back to the brow your own theme and see where that takes me.

No comments: