Sunday, 9 November 2008

We Shall Remember



Remembrance Sunday and we were out with the Land Rover this morning. A group called The Breakfast Club run a monthly car meet and we and some of the club members went along to see what it was about. They meet at the RAF Museum at Cosford and the breakfast, available from the onsite cafe was very good.
They held a service of Remembrance in one of the hangers and we attended. It was humbling to stand amongst the planes for the two minutes silence but I am so glad we were there especially this year. I remember watching my much missed grandad as he marched to the church on Remembrance Sunday and later him watching me as I (as a Brownie) marched to the same church for the same reason. It seemed only right that I should be at a RAF service because both my grandad and his older brother served in the RAF and my great aunt was in the WAAF.
90 years after the end of the first world war it is more important than ever that we remember. That we remember those who fought and died for their countries and those who continue to do the same so that we can call ourselves free.
I've not done much in the way of crafting in the last week because I have been suffering with a horrible cold but there is something that I really want to do and that is to make a butterfly. The reasons why can be found here but I'd to thank Voodoo Vixen for sharing this with everyone over on UKS

No comments: