Back at the start of the year I made a recommitment to join in with WOYWW and managed to join in for a few weeks little knowing just what the world was about to throw at me.
February 2014 was one hell of a month for me and I did not even have my craft to turn to, however I did have some amazing friends that craft has brought into my life and with their help I am finally getting there and there is something crafty on my desk again. At the start of that hellish month the man I thought I would share the rest of my life with announced that he no longer wanted me in his life and so began a process that saw me go from being a homemaker to working fulltime and had me leave my home for a room in a shared house. There were times when I really did not know what I was doing, where I was going or anything and when I had the creativity of a stone.
However I am coming out the other side. My beautiful craft room might have been replaced by a multipurpose computer desk that has to be cleaered before I can do anything and most of my stash might be in storage but I am starting to create again and to enjoy living. I am no longer crafting among the landrovers and in a short time I am hoping to launch a new blog that reflects the new reborn me but for now in case anyone was wondering that is what has been happening to me and this is my desk this wednesday evening.
Hopefully this will become a larger version of this plaque that I made last week at my craft club, I'm still going even if at a different time!
And that phrase is one of the mottos that I am living my life by now. I have come this far and I am not going to be beaten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I understand more than you realize sending big hugs and moral support your way! Having almost lost my house to foreclosure (and still might) and a host of other crap. Enough said...we're coming through it and will be better off and stronger because of it. Right! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #8
You now have the opportunity to fully discover your own strength. Believe in yourself and keep taking the steps that will guide you to fulfilling your dreams...and craft on! Be well Carole #58
I can't imagine the difficult time this has been for you - and anything I might say would seem trite, but I love the happiness of that pink heart and the popping big blue flowers on the plaque and if anything speaks optimism, it's these. Don't let the FODES* get you down. (*Forces of Darkness and Evil) Charmaine #94
Oh what a bombshell! Glad you are getting your life back on track, and crafting again. Good to see you back here again. Helen 13
Sorry to read about your rough ride, but I'm glad you have good friends, and seem to be coming out the other side. Crafting is a Godsend, I reckon, when you can lose yourself in it, and set aside the problems - for a bit, anyway. Hugs, Chris # 47
Welcome back. I'm finally getting to unpack my craft supplies after three years and it's like meeting old friends again. Remember to be nice to yourself and to celebrate the small things. Like how wonderful it is to peel glue off your fingers. And that you can create something beautiful.
Cheers,
Rachel.
My, oh my. I am so sorry to hear what has happened. It looks like you've started moving forward again, so kudos to you for that. Good luck on your new start.
Sorry I am so late visiting not sure where the week had gone so having a quick fly round the desks before we start again, thanks for sharing good luck on your new start - little steps at time God bless - Nicky 11
ah Sarah... feeling so much for you there .. and praying for the path to be made clear each day ahead.. and yes we are here, no matter which blog you happen to link over to .. we will say hi!! :D
I love the crafty share as well as the one from the heart.. chin up.. happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #31 and big thanks for visit already!
Love your motto, Sarah. That's inspiring.
Also, enjoyed peeking through your blog. Your version of Isbaha's mini is very cute. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment