That has been the theme of my summer so far. Having a winter that hung around too long meant that our planned building work didn't get started until May and finished last week. This week has been decorating time and next week when the new carpet goes in downstairs we will hopefully be able to have our house back. Thankfully my craft room is pretty much unaffected and I have been able to try and use my scrapping to calm me and keep some kind of normality in my life.
This is my latest LO
I found the photo when I was looking for pictures to use for Mum-In-Law's birthday album last year and every now and then I print one out to add to an album of Himself's younger days. How I have printed the photo is literally how the original was, I assume part of a photo booth strip and I like the repetition of the image which was probably taken in the mid to late seventies (Himself has no idea when). I used papers and Die Cuts from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection and a doiley to mimic the clouds on the background paper. That and to cover up the fact that what looks like a sun is actually a hot air balloon with wording alongside. I added a couple of wood veneer people, Thickers and some grey pearls and love how it turned out.

No comments:
Post a Comment