Friday, 15 June 2012

Bright Eyes

Yes I know what the song is about but it just really fit with this photo, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!


This layout is page number 65 of 2012, I know that because I have just added the total up in response to a message board discussion. And it has been hanging around on my desk for an absolute age, well ok several weeks. It started life as a way to showcase a stamped image that I coloured at craft club. I got it home looked at it for a few days and decided that the image was just too colourful, I'd selected the papers to highlight but that's how it goes some times.
The image was removed and replaced with the same one but coloured only in tones of brown. And that is how it stayed until this afternoon when I finally admitted that I just couldn't come up with a photo or page idea that went with the image (one of the Michael Powell Urban stamps by DoCrafts).
So once again I removed the stamped image and added the left-hand piece of the striped paper to cover up the mess. I still needed a photo but a quick trawl revealled this lovely big picture of Willow that I'd had printed but never used. Suddenly I could see where the page was going. A little trimming to remove some of the background, a Thickers title and a embellishment clustered made with some punched squares and a peel off butterfly altered with my black promarker and suddenly it was done.

I love that her wonderful eyes are very much the big feature of the LO and think that the black and kraft colour scheme works perfectly. The papers are both Graphic45, first time I've ever used this brand and it won't be the last.

2 comments:

fatmonica said...

I love the simplicity of the layout because the photo really shines through.What a gorgeous cat!

Emilie said...

Bright eyes indeed! The photo is gorgeous and is really showcased by the simplicity of the layout!